Shiners, brawls and the naughty side of sensible Canada
- An article written by Sian Griffiths
- Highlights the Haunted Walk Ottawa and the Naughty Ottawa Pub Walk which ends nightly at the Laff.
GolfNow Ottawa: The Golf Channel
- The Golf Channel paid a visit to the capital this past summer and decided to take a break after their first day of filming by taking in the John Carroll show, and shooting a round of Bulleits with Assistant General Manager, Dominique Labelle.
Le Chateau du Cowboy-Lucky Ron: un film par Mathieu Dufour
- A student from l'Institut Grasset in Montreal just finished filming a great video highlighting the success of Lucky Ron at the Chateau Lafayette.
- Projet de fin de session en réalisation documentaire dans le cadre d'un programmes de production télévisuelle et cinématographique à l'Institut Grasset à Montréal en 2011.
HIDDEN OTTAWA: Saturday Night Fever with Lucky Ron
- An inspiring article, written by Patrick Langston, explores the phenomenon of Lucky Run and the Lafayette
- "[...] You go there, and you know you'll have a good time." - Kimberly Cavanagh, Ottawa Native and doctoral candidate in cultural anthropology at the University of South Carolina - devout Lucky Ron fan.
CBC Ottawa has filmed a segment called Cultural Secrets featuring Lucky Ron discussing why the Laff is his cultural secret (well gem really, because we all know the Laff isn't a secret anymore!). Check it out Thursday, September 29th, 2011 at 7:00pm on CBC Channel 8!
Chateau Lafayette; Today's Tavern a Great Meeting Place After 160 Years in Business
- An admiring article, written by Iris Winston, highlighting the Laff over the last 160 years.
Bluesfest market stage a hit
Bluesfest concerts a boon for ByWard Market bars
Blues for folk and the devil, too
John Carroll - A Christmas Carroll At The Laff
- A great article highlighting John Carroll's second album "Lost Radio"
- Listen Here!
36 Hours in Ottawa
- Listen to a live radio recordning of a special Christmas concert recorded at the Laff.
- John Carroll - vocals, guitar
- Olivier Fairfield - drums
- Fred Guignon - lap steel, electric guitar
- Pierre-Yves Martel - bass, viola da gamba
Shelter still sought at the Chateau Lafayette
- The New York Times featured the Lucky Ron Show as a "must do" when visiting Ottawa in a short amount of time
- An article written by Ron Corbitt
- Highlights the efforts put forth by the Laff to aid in the fight against homelessness