- Calder Pennie, a student from Carleton University put together this short segment as a year end project and submission for TVO. The submission wasn’t chosen, but we sure love how he highlighted the bar!
An article written by Sian Griffiths highlights the Haunted Walk Ottawa and the Naughty Ottawa Pub Walk which ends nightly at the Laff.
- A student from l’Institut Grasset in Montreal just finished filming a great video highlighting the success of Lucky Ron at the Chateau Lafayette.
- Projet de fin de session en réalisation documentaire dans le cadre d’un programmes de production télévisuelle et cinématographique à l’Institut Grasset à Montréal en 2011.
- An inspiring article, written by Patrick Langston, explores the phenomenon of Lucky Run and the Lafayette
- “[…] You go there, and you know you’ll have a good time.” – Kimberly Cavanagh, Ottawa Native and doctoral candidate in cultural anthropology at the University of South Carolina – devout Lucky Ron fan.
CBC Ottawa has filmed a segment called Cultural Secrets featuring Lucky Ron discussing why the Laff is his cultural secret (well gem really, because we all know the Laff isn’t a secret anymore!). Check it out Thursday, September 29th, 2011 at 7:00pm on CBC Channel 8!
An admiring article, written by Iris Winston, highlighting the Laff over the last 160 years.
Listen to a live radio recording of a special Christmas concert recorded at the Laff.
- John Carroll – vocals, guitar
- Olivier Fairfield – drums
- Fred Guignon – lap steel, electric guitar
- Pierre-Yves Martel – bass, viola da gamba